Understand the structure, philosophy and basic operation of the tool
Enterprise Architect (EA) is a powerful modelling platform that is not only versatile, but also supports a wide range of modelling languages. The syntax and semantics of each language are different, but the basic operation of Enterprise Architect is always the same.
In this training, you will learn the basic structure and philosophy of the tool, as well as the first steps in creating models, which are identical for each modelling language.
Course structure: This basic training is offered as eLearning and can be completed, independent of time and location, in self-study via our learning platform.
The training consists of theoretical introductions and associated exercise examples to learn the basic operation of Enterprise Architect. This multimedia training also includes short video and audio sequences as well as texts to appeal to all senses and every learning type. The chapters are additionally supported by quizzes to offer the participant not only a repetition of what has been learned, but also a learning check.
If all theoretical chapters and exercises, including quizzes, have been completed, the participant will receive a certificate of participation at the end.
Estimated learning time: 6 hours
Access to the learning platform: 1 month
This basic training is aimed at anyone who would like to gain initial experience in using Enterprise Architect.
After the course, you will know the basic structure of Enterprise Architect as well as the most important windows in the tool and be able to organize them individually. You will be able to create a file-based project and within it a model structure with packages, diagrams and model elements.
You will know the difference between model and diagram and how to create views for different user groups while reusing existing models.
The basic training covers the following topics:
- Use workspace layout
- Open and position windows
- Create a project
- Build a package structure
- Create a diagram
- Create model elements
- Via the diagram toolbox
- In the project browser (model)
- Modify model elements
- Delete model elements
- Delete from diagram
- Delete from the model
- Reuse model elements in different diagrams
- Create relationships between model elements in the diagram (Quicklinker)
- Delete relationships
- Hide relationships in a diagram
- Recover hidden relationships
- Rebuild a model structure
A basic understanding of (software) systems is helpful, but not a prerequisite.
All details on the technical requirements for this eLearning, such as the hardware and software needed, Enterprise Architect versions or licenses, and the Moodle learning platform are listed here.
You might also be interested in these trainings
- UML with Enterprise Architect
- SysML with Enterprise Architect
- BPMN with Enterprise Architect
- DMN with Enterprise Architect
- ArchiMate with Enterprise Architect
- NAFv4 ADMBw with Enterprise Architect
- Generating documents with Enterprise Architect
- Data modelling with Enterprise Architect
- Requirements Engineering with Enterprise Architect
- Threat modelling with Enterprise Architect
- C4 modelling with Enterprise Architect
- MBSE with SYSMOD and Enterprise Architect
- MBSE with SysML and Enterprise Architect
- MBSD with UML and Enterprise Architect
- Extend Enterprise Architect with Automation Interface
- Model simulation with executable state machines
- Model simulation of UML/SysML behavioural models